Pit-Fix Spay/Neuter Program
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is proud to be able to offer Pit-Fix - a low cost spay/neuter program for Loudoun County resident dog owners with Pit-Bull or Pit-Bull Mixes. This program will include a spay/neuter for dogs up to 80lbs, rabies, distemper, and bordatella vaccination, and a microchip. Your cost for this program is only $25 which covers the processing of your application. HSLC will be billed for remainder.
Pit-Fix is funded entirely by donations from the community through the Jared Dodson Memorial Fund. Funding is limited and we may, at times, have to place a hold on new applications until we receive additional funding.
The Jared Dodson Memorial Fund was established in 2012 to celebrate the life of Jared Dodson and his love of all animals, especially his beloved Pit Bull Terrier – Kamora. Jared’s life was cut way too short, but with this fund his legacy of caring for animals continues. To learn more about this wonderful cause, please visit the Jared Dodson Memorial Fund link below. If you would like to donate and be a part of the cause that meant so much to Jared, please go to our Donate page and complete the online donation form. ***Please indicate in the Comment Section that you would like your donation to be used for this fund.***
Jared Dodson Memorial Fund Link
Rules and Restrictions:
· Certificates are valid for a period of 90 days.
· Must reside in Loudoun County, VA.
· Dogs must be your family pet.
· Eligible dogs are Pit Bulls and Pit Bull Mixes: (dogs can be denied by the vet if they are found to not be an approved breed):
§ American Bulldog
§ American Pit Bull Terrier
§ American Staffordshire Terrier
§ Staffordshire Bull Terrier
§ Bull Terrier
§ Mini Bull Terrier
· Certificates may not be used in conjunction with any cosmetic procedure.
· Certificate entitles recipient to the spay/neuter procedure itself and anesthesia for a dog up to 80lbs. Pit-Fix will also include rabies, distemper, and bordatella vaccine shots and a micro-chip when available.
· Additional fees (at owner’s expense) may apply for any pre-surgery blood work, for dogs over 80lbs, and any additional shots, flea/tick, ear cleaning, nail trimming, etc.
· Please discuss all fees with the veterinarian before the procedure.
· Annual activation fee for micro-chip will be at owner’s expense.
· Recipient is responsible for extra charges if females are in heat or pregnant.
· Recipient is responsible to the veterinarian for any complications secondary to surgery.
· $50 fee is charged for all returned checks.
· A $10 cancellation fee will be assessed on all approved cancellation refund requests.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
1. Review the list of participating vets. Contact them review the program, determine any additional fees that may be required and determine eligibility if your pet is a purebred animal.
Blue Ridge Veterinary Associates – Purcellville, VA
Sterling Park Animal Hospital – Sterling, VA
Towne Animal Clinic – Leesburg, VA
2. Purchase a certificate from HSLC for the low fee of $25 which will cover administrative fees of the program only.
3. We will fax your approved certificate to your vet of choice within a week.
4. You will also receive a confirmation email from HSLC indicating that your vet has received the certificate and copy of the certificate within a week.
5. Make an appointment with your vet of choice. Be sure to make your appointment as soon as possible.
6. Take a copy of your email confirmation with you to the vet on the day of your surgery. You will be asked to sign the certificate indicating that you understand the program rules.
7. HSLC is billed directly for the cost of the spay/neuter procedure, vaccinations, microchip and anesthetic by the veterinarian.
8. Select your certificate price below. “Add to Cart” button below will take you directly to Pay Pal to complete your order.
9. If you are purchasing more than one certificate select the “Continue Shopping” button on the Pay Pal web page. Pay Pal will warn you that you will be closing the active window. This is fine. When you are back at this page again – select the next certificate you would like to purchase and your vet of choice. The system will add your second certificate to your original order. You can then purchase all certificates on one order.
Purchase Pit-Fix Certificate Here: